Commercial Insurance

As a business owner, you need similar insurance coverage for the vehicle you use in your business as you do for a car used for personal travel — liability, collision and comprehensive, medical and coverage for uninsured motorists. If a vehicle is owned by the business, the name of the business must appear on the policy as the “principal insured” rather than your name. This will avoid possible confusion in the event that you need to file a claim or a claim is filed against you.