On-Hook Insurance Coverage

Most On-Hook insurance covers repairs or replacement of vehicles not owned by your business when towing or hauling if damaged by collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism. If your business offers towing services, On-Hook insurance is an important part of your coverage.

In order to be eligible to purchase On-Hook insurance, you must purchase Liability insurance and all vehicles insured on the same policy must have On-Hook insurance. The following businesses are eligible for On-Hook coverage:

  • Towing or service station services
  • Trucking for hire when hauling vehicles not owned by your business
A coverage limit must be selected for On-Hook insurance which determines the maximum amount your insurance company will pay per occurrence for damage done to all vehicles. Additionally, a deductible will be chosen for the amount you agree to pay out of pocket when there is a claim. Choosing a higher deductible could lower the price of insurance, but it should be an amount you can afford to pay out of pocket as well.