Motor Carrier Insurance

Motor Carrier insurance protects your trucking business when using permanently leased independent contractors, such as for-hire owner-operators. To be eligible for Motor Carrier insurance, you must purchase Liability insurance. Additional coverages you can choose include:

  • Medical Payments insurance to pay for medical bills for you and any passengers in the truck if hurt in an accident or auto-related injury.
  • Motor Truck Cargo insurance to pay for damages to cargo you are hauling.
  • Physical Damage coverage to pay for truck repairs if damaged in an accident.
  • Uninsured Motorist insurance to pay for injuries and damages to you or passengers and vehicle caused by drivers who do not have insurance or enough insurance to cover your injuries and damages.